Sunday, July 22, 2012

Exploring Chennai for a few hours

After staying up until 2am last night, we managed to drag ourselves out of bed around 11:30 this morning and decided to take an auto (tuk tuk) to a place called "Chamiers" that the dean recommended for us. It was a very nice tourist-like shop with the cutest little cafe! And you wouldn't believe how many white people we saw there! I think it was pretty much a british-type  place. So we had a wonderful butter chicken lunch which was prepared into a creamy sauce which was poured on the rice and mmmmm it was yummy! In addition we had this lemonade that was, well, I don' remember the name of it but I'm sure Carly does, anyway, it was to die for!

We then shopped around the store and found some cute trinkets and gifts before heading off to see a temple. Unfortunately at the time we went, it was closed, but I did get some pictures from the outside.Kapaleeswar temple was built in the 7th century CE and is a place for Hindu pilgrimage as well as a common tourist attraction.


Of course my homework still hasn't been done, so this post will have to be cut short, but the good news is, I took more pictures today!

Indias version of Vera Bradley

Right outside of the entrance to the temple

I just love all the children here!

Our maid Jothi who is getting married!


No comments:

Post a Comment