Monday, July 2, 2012

Nearly 9,000 miles later...

I'm here!!! I arrived in Chennai at about 1am last night (Probably like 3pm in Michigan) and it is currently 10am here. I could go on and on about all sorts of things with the flight and arriving, but I'll try to keep it fairly brief.

Well to start, Carly and I were extremely  blessed with our flights. There was very very minimal turbulence and all flights were on time and landed smoothly. Unfortunately I've been sick since I left (the common cold of course) so my physical experience wasn't so hot (about 4 hours of sleep total and minimal appetite). However I was really impressed with the international flight overall, for those who don't know, this was my first time flying internationally.

Getting on the  flight, I didn't really know what to expect but figured it would be pretty accomodating. To my surprise, I got on to find reclining chairs, more than enough leg room, large TVs, and an overall comfortable atmosphere... then I found out I was walking through first class. I was pretty sad but honestly the accomodations in economy class were very nice also (I've never seen a nicer movie selection!).

Arriving here wasn't too scary, but it was definetely better having a travel companion. I don't know much about the city yet, so I won't post my assumptions, but I will be posting often (daily or every other day) so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment